2009年5月12日火曜日

Trip to Kuala Lumpur and Jayapura

Another ILO workshop on pneumoconiosis took me to Kuala Lumpur, for four days from 4 May, during the world's concern about Swine flu, which is now properly renamed as H1N1 influenza that seems like to have almost same, at most, features as usual influenza.
The quarantine control at Kuala Lumpur was swift and effective, and American friend of mine has told me that he has went through a bit more strict process because of the clusters in his homeland. Sheet of health information and thermography did the quick work on it.
My trip continued to visit Chenderawasih University, a corporation couterpart to Kochi University since 2004, to meet Rector and their staffs and talked about on-going collaboration. I gathered few words of Indonesian language, like Ikan Bakar, Udang, Cumi, Asam manis, or even Ena. Of course Terimakasi.
The visit have been very short but effective. I met future PhD students who are trying their best to get scholarship, as well as performing interesting studies from their own aspects. I hope to see them in my department in very near future.
Now I am writing this at Dempasar Airport waiting for my next flight that take me back to Osaka via Singapore.

1 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

Hi,

My name is Sharon Ray and I am the assistant editor of Cysticfibrosis.net. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a relationship with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Cysticfibrosis.net offer a free informational resource to both the general and professional public on this terrible disease.

I hope you show some interest in building relationship, please contact me at sharon.cysticfibrosis.net@gmail.com.